Is your ABN worth the paper it’s written on?
MiraVista will offer a webinar 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET, Aug. 23., focusing on ABNs and the recent stance the DME MACs have taken regarding what does and does not constitute an upgrade.
Medicare has revised its stance on utilizing Advanced Beneficiary Notices (ABNs), specifically when upgrades are provided. Did you know that a device simply being “better,” “higher quality,” or having an “excess feature” may not qualify it as an upgrade? ABNs do not offer protection in every situation, and it’s imperative that suppliers know how to properly execute this tool for the maximum benefit. During this webinar, DME consultant Andrea Stark will provide insight on how to properly complete and execute an ABN in various situations. Topics to be discussed include:
- Examples of what would and would not constitute an upgrade.
- Which sections of the ABN must be completed.
- What auditors expect to see on a properly completed ABN.
- Examples of valid and invalid ABNs.
- Guidelines for estimating the expected cost to the patient.
- Whether voluntary ABNs are truly effective.
- How to execute an unsigned ABN.
For more information, visit http://www.miravistallc.com/recent_services.php.